Two Plays By Niyi Osundare
- In the first play, The Man who Walked Away, a principled and sensitive young man who has served a multi-national company for decades, is ‘retrenched’, with severe consequences for his self-respect and his family. In the second play, The Wedding Car, a corrupt businessman and politician exercises his ambition for his daughter to marry ostentatiously, though things do not go according to plan.
- About the Author
- Niyi Osundare
- Poet, dramatist, critic, essayist, and media columnist, Niyi Osundare has authored over ten volumes of poetry, two books of selected poems, four plays, a book of essays, and numerous articles on literature, language, culture, and society. He regards his calling as a writer and his profession as a teacher as essentially complementary.
- He was educated on three continents: B.A. (Honours) from the University of Ibadan, Nigeria, M.A. from the University of Leeds in England, and Ph.D. from York University, Toronto, Canada. The wide and varied exposure accruing from this has proved very useful for his writing and teaching careers. Born in Nigeria, one of the most linguistically and culturally heterogeneous countries in the world, he learnt early in life the complexities and challenges of diversity.
- He began his teaching career at the University of Ibadan in 1974 and rose to the position of full professor there in 1989. From 1993 to 1997, he was the chair of its Department of English. He was a Fulbright scholar at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1990 to 1991, and in 1991/92, an associate professor of English at the University of New Orleans, where he returned as full professor in 1997, and was selected university research professor in 2001. His areas of specialization are African literature, literature of the African diaspora, literary stylistics, sociolinguistics, and creative writing
Q: How will my order arrive?
You will receive your order either via our Direct Delivery Service or an Independent Shipping Agents. The size and weight of your online purchase are factored into your total billing charge.
Direct Delivery - Vanaplus will deliver items one of two ways; directly from an independently owned and operated Store (depending on the store proximity to the final destination) or via an Independent shipping agent for those outside Lagos and Ogun State.
After you place your order, you will be contacted (typically within two(2) business days) to schedule home delivery, if you are within Lagos and Ogun State axis. Please arrange for someone to be present when the truck arrives. We understand timing is important, so if you need to reschedule the date, contact us as soon as possible at the phone number listed in your order confirmation: 0908-000-0232 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org. We request a 48-hour notice if you want to reschedule or cancel delivery. You may incur an additional fee if you reschedule less than 8 hours prior to delivery, or if no one is home when the delivery team arrives. If delivery does not take place within 15 days of the original scheduled delivery date, the order may be treated as a cancelled order.
Independent Shipping Agents- These agents are used to ship items to other parts of Nigeria aside Lagos and Ogun State. They do not offer home delivery nor cash on delivery(COD)services. As a result, orders from outside Lagos and Ogun state has to be prepaid, and also because we do not have offices in these states.
Q: How do I know when my items are arriving?
In Direct Delivery orders, typically around two to three business days after purchase, you will receive email notifications on the status of your order and our delivery service team will contact you and schedule a delivery time at your convenience. They will also call you the day before delivery to further confirm the delivery time and date.
In an Independent Shipping Agent delivery, orders would arrive within 7 business days. Upon arrival of your consignment(s), the agent will contact you.
Q: Can I get my orders delivered same day?
Yes, if ordered before 9.00AM. However, this depends on the product ordered and the location for delivery. Below are lists of locations that are covered by the same day delivery service.
- Ikeja and its environs.
- Lekki, Victoria Island, Ikoyi and its environs.
Q: What about hidden costs?
There are no extra taxes, hidden costs or additional dispatch charges. The price mentioned on the website is the final price, what you see is what you pay. Our prices are all inclusive, except for corporate clients that would require inclusion of Withholding Tax and VAT to be applied to the total order value.
Q: Can orders be shipped internationally?
At the moment we don't deliver items internationally. You are more than welcome to make your purchases on our site from anywhere in the world, but you'll have to ensure the delivery address is within Nigeria.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.