Do you know how to disable screen mirroring on a MacBook? Then do share this article with your family and friends who do not. This article will guide you through every question you have in your mind. Read more.
Whenever you are watching films or creating a background or maybe high-resolution games, screen mirroring is fun. It displays the content of a smaller device to a larger one. It also allows you to wirelessly display the content on your phone to another screen .
This feature is built in a difficult way when turning it off at times and sometimes you may activate it by mistake, which jeopardizes your privacy.
Therefore this article is going to show you all the ways in how to turn the screen mirroring off on your MAC, iPhone as well Android devices. Stay tuned and give this article a read till the end to stay intact with your privacy.
How To Turn Off Screen Mirroring On a Mac
Here are steps that you should follow if you want your screen mirroring to get disabled. The steps are easy but focus on the details to not make any kind of mistakes.
- On your Mac computer, at the top right corner, you will see the Control Centre, click that.
- Now, click on the Screen Mirroring icon that will appear after going through the first step.
- You will see in the pop-up menu, Display Preferences, click on that.
- Now go to the bottom of the Built-In Retina Display window, you will find the Airplay Display menu, there you will have to choose OFF.
There you go with steps that you need to disable the screen mirroring.
How To Turn Off Screen Mirroring On iPhone or iPad
iPhone users are familiar with Airplay, what they do is, allow you to stream or mirror your phone's screen to different devices. Therefore if you think that your privacy is getting hampered by keeping the screen mirroring on, then here are ways you can disable it.
- First, you will have to swipe up on the screen, after which you can access the “Control Centre”.
- On the display, you will be able to find out the “screen mirroring” option.
- After clicking on it, there will be another option saying to “ stop screen mirroring” . which is the one you were looking for.
- The function will immediately stop after you click on “ stop mirroring”.
There is another way you can go through if you want to use the option for a long time.
Here they are:
- Go to your phone’s settings, and then tap on General.
- From the drop-down menu, you will have to select Airplay and Handoff.
- Now, select the first option you see that says “Airplay to TVs Automatically”.
- You will be looking at three options - Automatic, Ask, and Never.
- The choice will depend on what you, remember by choosing never you will disable it permanently.
How To Turn Off Screen Mirroring On Android Smartphones
The screen mirroring options depend on different brands of Android as they make different devices, so they have different features, which will not match with every other Android device.
But they all offer screen mirroring by different names like casting or screencast. As we know Android phones generally have screen mirroring or screen casting, which after selecting allows wireless display of your phone’s content to other devices.
Here are the steps you must follow if your intention is to stop screen mirroring.
- Swipe down the control panel of your phone.
- Which will then reveal hidden options and among those you will find a screen casting symbol.
- You can also find the same option in the settings of your phone,
- After you have found the symbol. Click on it, which will begin the searching of compatible devices.
- Tap it again and that will end your search, meaning the phone is not connected to any devices in the vicinity.
- Now, if you already have this thing on and you want to turn it off, you have to push the screen casting slider to the left to the OFF position.
- Now you have your screen mirroring option disabled.
There you go with the steps for disabling screen mirroring on your Android phone.
Devices like Apple and any Android one make it easy for your phone to access the screen mirroring option.
But what happens when the presentation is over?.
It is kind of complicated to become immediately obvious on how to turn off screen mirroring, hence this article and three ways for three devices speaking about how to disable screen mirroring and stay with your privacy.
Wrapping It All Up
Here you go with how to disable mirroring on a MacBook in 2022. This article is absolutely the right one for those who have become fed up with letting their privacy take a vacation.
Therefore you can share this article with anyone who is looking for the same solution.
Leave a comment below in the comment section and share your experience with us. If there you have discovered a new way to disable screen mirroring you can also post that here and share your knowledge with the world.
Max Rosie is a passionate blogger. She loves to share her thoughts, ideas, and experiences with the world through blogging. Max Rosie is associated with The Dating Dairy, Essay Writing Guide Magazine ,The CBD Magazine, The Parents Magazine, The Legal Guides, The Pets Magazine, Gossipment, The Sports Mag.